Annual Larchmere Holiday Stroll is back |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Shop local for the holidays! The annual Larchmere Holiday Stroll will take place on Friday, November 23 and Saturday, November 24, 2012, from 10 AM – 5 PM, and will feature live entertainment, snacks, and festive holiday cheer at every locally-owned business up and down the Boulevard.
This year’s highlights include:
- Local indie craft show Bazaar Bizarre, featuring dozens of indie artists hawking their original handmade wares, will be held at 12916 Larchmere, at the location of Shaker Quality Auto Body.
- A special welcome to our newest neighbor, Fiddlehead Gallery, at 13006 Larchmere Boulevard (216-231-9400), owned by Susan Rozman, formerly of the Natural History Museum’s gift store. Stop in for beautiful art, jewelry, lepidoptera, glass, and silk scarves in a nicely polished new gallery.
- Also new to the street is Eclectic Eccentric, owned by Tracey Hilbert and located above Conservation Studios at 12702 Larchmere Boulevard (216-798-3002). The shop specializes in vintage and modern home décor and vintage and designer resale of women’s clothing. Look for a great collection of vintage wool and artisan-made Christmas ornaments this season!
- The return of the popular horse and buggy rides! Back by popular demand, and no stranger to Larchmere holiday celebrations, a horse-drawn carriage will help you celebrate in nostalgic fashion while also helping to transport and entertain you on the Boulevard both Friday and Saturday, 12 – 4 PM.
- New and festive holiday tree lights along Larchmere Boulevard, hooray!
- Many stores will be open until 8 PM, and some will be open on Sunday as well.
- A welcome back to our neighborhood newspaper, The Connection. Look for copies on the street the last week of November.
- and at Loganberry Books (13015 Larchmere Boulevard, 216-795-9800):
- Local guitar maestro Brian Henke will play Friday and Saturday from 12-2 PM.
- Local authors will be here for booksignings, including
- Erin O'Brien, The Irish-Hungarian Guide to the Domestic Arts: Friday, November 23, 11 AM – 1 PM
- David Megenhardt, Dogs in the Cathedral: Friday, November 23, 11 AM – 1 PM
- Anne Trubek and other contributors, Rust Belt Chic: Friday, November 23, 2 – 4 PM
- Laura Taxel, Cleveland Ethnic Eats, and Cleveland’s West Side Market: Saturday, November 24, 3-5 PM
- Otis' Old Curiosity Shop, Loganberry Books’ second annual holiday bazaar features a mix of local art, crafts, toys, cards, and vintage curios. Personalized shopping service available, just like the Twigbee shop at the old Higbee’s Department Store in downtown Cleveland. We even have some of the old Halle’s elves in our holiday window display.
Cleveland’s largest arts and antiques district, Larchmere Boulevard is located one block north of historic Shaker Square on Cleveland’s east side. For more information, call 216-795-9800 or visit www.larchmere.com.
Larchmere Merchants Association
c/o Loganberry Books * 13015 Larchmere Blvd. * Cleveland, OH 44120 * 216.795.9800
On Facebook: Larchmere